Monday, September 9, 2013

One Year


This week is it! This is the week I have spent one year in Romania. I'm freaking out! Here I am at an internet cafe, in a country that isn't the US and I'm still alive. I actually feel like a missionary now. My mission started the moment my foot stepped on the airplane. My mind feels like a giant plate of spaghetti. The noodles are my thoughts and emotions and I can't tell where any of the noodles are starting or ending. The year is gone, and that means I'm basically home. I think my mission disappeared one night when my head hit the pillow.

I set a goal to read the Book of Mormon in Romanian before the end of my first year. All I have left to read is Moroni. I just have to make sure I actually read and finish the last couple pages and chapters. Imagine, the day of my year mark and not being done...after all that work. I would bow my head in shame and weep. WEEP! I won't let myself do that. I'm so close to the prize I can taste it. And it tastes like a bag of tropical Skittles. 

Herastrau Park, Bucuresti, Romania
I'm right where I should be. Maybe I took a couple different paths and got lost on the way, but I made it back eventually and I found some unique things along the way. I found the awesome blackberry bush, or the cool lake, or amazing view that I might have otherwise missed.

Love you like Jesus!
Sora Heim

No comments:

Post a Comment