Monday, November 12, 2012

Jelly Fish and Pig Appendix

I've been collecting photos the food we get at people's houses. I expect we will get more interesting traditional Romanian food as we approach Christmas and December.


Sweets. Both of these had fig fillings, I think. I like the rolled pastry.

The food is pretty much normal in my opinion. I have had some weird things though. I had to eat raw egg white only because the lady didn't finish frying the egg. I tried so hard not to eat it, too, by scraping it off onto the plate and pretending like I ate all I could  (There was just a little bit of food left on the plate. It looked like a dead jelly fish you would see on the beach.) I scraped it as thin as I could over a piece of bread when she told me to eat it. Ew.

 Also, there was this cold goulash-looking kind of stuff.  I'm not sure if the meat was meat, though. I could see it being some internal organ. It was cut in strips and was kind of cylindrical. I'm just going to say it was pig appendix. That way, I feel cooler.


Schwarma
But, for the most part, I like all the food people give me and everyone is so hospitable. They always feed you or give you something to drink. It's so nice. They even make sure you look healthy by giving you large portion sizes. So nice. I love it!

But, I got yelled at once for eating my bread alone, nothing with it. I don't know if that was just the lady, or if it's a custom. No one else has gotten mad at me yet. I'm sorry, I have an inexplicable need to eat each part of my food separate. I can't help it. It's just who I am!

This is the hot chocolate we get sometimes. It's thick, almost like a melted chocolate bar. That's probably how they make it.

No comments:

Post a Comment