Monday, July 29, 2013

Pigeon Soap Operas


I'm in a brand new city with a different companion. Things are great. Food is good. People are good. Life is fun, as usual. I feel like I am on vacation though and will soon be on my way back to Timisoara. Spend 9 months in one city, and you start to think of it as home. I hope Iasi will feel like that in no time. I already enjoy it because of the hills. I've missed hills. What can I say? I'm from a hilly place.

I have comforting thoughts about Iasi and am so glad pigeons are just as interesting here as they were in Timisoara. I don't know why but the ones in the US are boring. The pigeons here do anything. They are basically like watching a movie, or a soap opera on TV. All I need is some popcorn while I sit back for 30 minutes and watch their lives unfold.

MARK
Hey, Maria! Don't let Jim get anywhere near you. He just wants to steal you from me.
MARIA
Oh please, Mark. Jim was just dancing with me. That's all. She walks away back to Jim.
MARK
There is no way that Jim can dance better than me. Check out these awesome spin moves." This is where one male pigeon does his infamous mating dance that is done all year round. I don't think they have a mating season.
MARIA
That's pretty good Mark, but you are always so controlling. I don't think this relationship is going to work out anymore. Jim is just so much more easy going. Plus, his blond hair is soooo attractive.
MARK
Maria! Nooooo! Don't leave with HIIIIMMMMM! Two pigeons fly away one after the other. One second later, Mark turns around and sees a nice lady across the way. How you doin'?

Ok, so maybe I am a little bored. Maybe after some time in Iasi I will have something more to say. It does have really pretty churches though. I hope I have time to sketch some of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment