Monday, November 5, 2012

Thieves and Robbers

I was robbed! Welcome to Romania! I am still expecting to open my bag and see my wallet or find my it in my pocket. I had scarcely left from checking my email Monday when it happened.
We got on the bus, and let me tell you, it was packed. Not as packed as I have witnessed previously, but there wasn't much room. I have no idea why I even took my wallet out to scan my abonament (bus pass), I usually don't when it is that packed. Since I did, I couldn't get into my bag, with no where to move. Well, I moved from the middle of the aisle to over by the back door. I should have had my hand on it, I know. I thought it was still there, in my meager defense. When I finally got off I touched my pocket and immediately said "my wallet was stolen." How lame is that? I don't even have a story of someone holding me up with a gun or forcefully taking it on some dark Romanian street. Sneaky little thieves! Really they aren't. It wasn't very protected, just sitting in my jacket pocket wide open. Good thing I forgot my debit card at the apartment. So, I was still able to finally buy a coat for winter (which I've only needed once because it is hot again. Seriously? It's November. Pullman has worse weather than this,) some gloves, and a bag.

Oh, irony! I was going to buy a bag, finally, so I wouldn't have to keep getting out my wallet and other things before the bus incident. I knew it was stupid. Point being, I have no ID now. The thief has that, along with about 100 lei we were going to use for groceries and traveling Tuesday. Also some other stuff: a Pokemon card I was given in the MTC (which was suppose to be the Pokemon which best represents me); my first aid cards saying I can give CPR, help birth a baby, and use an electrocardiogram; my blood type card; my patriarchal blessing (hopefully they don't read English;) and some stamps. That's pretty much it.

In all, I'm sad my Pokemon card was taken, and my blessing. Everything else doesn't really matter, except my ID which is probably being sold on the black market as I type this, as well as my butterfly wallet, my friend since I was in Elementary School.

No comments:

Post a Comment