Monday, November 5, 2012

Ghosts and Goblins



So aside from getting my wallet stolen, and having to be a little creative on how we spend Sora Hosking's money, this week went really well. Well, parties always get investigators to come to the church. Even in Romania we can get people to enjoy Halloween. Best holiday ever, but I'm not very good at dressing up while being a missionary. No one knew what I was. My hippie costume did look a little like a pirate, but it's the best I could do. It was really fun.


We carved pumpkins, decorated sugar cookies (which Romanians do not really do, so it was neat,) made masks out of paper plates (those were hard to find, they don't really have those here either. I also wanted to make paper bag lanterns, but they don't have brown lunch sacks. Oh well, I'm happy we found some paper plates for the masks anyway,) and of course bobbing for apples (which worked out so much better than I have ever seen in the states. No one was afraid to get wet, and I put them in a huge deep pot. Then they actually did it, usually people just leave it, or maybe one or two try.) By the way, I an still a bomb bobber. I got that apple in 2 seconds, no cheating and using the sides either, and only my chin was wet. Most people missed it because it was so fast. I told them not to blink.

 We had our Halloween party, started English again, I finished a poster to advertise Institute, and we got to do more contacting! The poster turned out pretty well, but I wish I could have had a computer with some design software. I wasn't even trying to make it look perfect and it still took forever. It turned out pretty well though, so hopefully it will get some people coming. Come on people, the Bible is cool!

The families we talked with this week were also really nice and we are looking forward to teaching them. I'm sure I sound like a rambling idiot when I talk, but I think I make some sense because they follow alright.

Love you like Jesus!
Sora Kendra Heim

No comments:

Post a Comment