Friday, October 12, 2012

word on the street ... contacting


I hate, absolutely HATE street contacting. I don't want to talk to people like that. I know pretty much no one who ever converts because of a street contact when missionaries were just going around and talking to whomever. I feel like it is such a waste of time. I don't want to do it, but I can't think of anything better to do. Ugh. Sora Hosking thinks I'm nervous or scared because my language skills are poor. That's not it. I couldn't care less, mostly it's just I don't want to. I wouldn't want someone to do it to me. You don't go to a park to get accosted by missionaries. I told her yesterday that none of the people wanted to talk. She told me I was choosing who should hear the message, and that they just don't know they want it yet. Mission life is really is GREAT though! I love talking to people about God. Honestly, I just want to help people. I just don't think annoying them and making their quills stand on end during our first meeting is helpful. It doesn't mean they aren't ready, but that's what I feel street contacting does.




No comments:

Post a Comment