Friday, October 12, 2012

October in Timisoara


Conference was interesting. We watched 2 sessions live at 7 pm on the computer in the Branch President's office at the church.  I still haven't seen Sunday afternoon nor the Priesthood session. I might not until we get the Liahona or DVD of conference. I liked it though. Crazy, they lowered the age. I would have left when I was 19, well, almost 20. It would have been nice not to have waited for a year and a half, since I've forgotten a lot of scripture masteries.

Last week on P-day we talked with this older gentleman. He was great. I wasn't exactly sure of everything he was talking about, but there was a lot of Romanian history and stuff. He talked about how communists took everyone out of the country and moved them into the cities, now he is trying to get his family's land back. Then, he would say, "I've been talking to much, tell me about your church." I shared the first vision for the first time in a lesson. It was bad. I messed up lots. But I did it again in Arad, and though it wasn't perfect, it's getting better. Anyway, we will be meeting with him again. He says he's Orthodox and won't change because that's what his ancestors were, but he is really receptive to what we have to say and he's really smart.

Casa Dracula
Halloween in Romania, yikes! 
Isn't that like breaking a mirror 
or walking under a ladder?
We have decided to have a Halloween party for the ward.  
There aren't very many ward parties, so we think it will be good for them to have some fun. I also think if we can get some of our potential investigators to come they might want to meet more. We were thinking pot luck so the members feel obligated to come. Also, an inactive family came to church on Sunday. I haven't met them, but their inactivity has weighed heavily on many of the members. They were very influential, so perhaps this is the beginning of a beautiful transformation for Timisoara.


Love you like Jesus!
Sora Kendra Heim

No comments:

Post a Comment