Monday, December 23, 2013

American Soil

For some reason the hot water in our apartment isn't working very well. There's hot water in the sinks, but NOT THE SHOWER! I'm fine if my shower is freezing occasionally by some freak accident, or if I am living in a hut on my mission on some remote island, but come on! Romania is not 3rd world. Why have I been taking cold showers for a month?  This is just silly.  Maybe it will get better soon, at least my shower time has decreased a lot. Though I do tend to huddle away from the jet of ice shooting at me, and, it takes me at least ten minutes of prayer and self motivation to step in and wash myself as quickly as possible. (*This blog post may be over exaggerated...but, the fact that I've started using the sink instead of the actual shower is true.)

All the missionaries went to the US Embassy to carol. That was SWEET! The people were super nice and their kids are legit. I would totally work for the Embassy or the CIA. Agent Heim! Woohoo. We ate there also.  They had actual American products! I got some Canada Dry ginger ale with my spaghetti. Tasty. It was unreal the moment we passed through the gates. Once we stepped over the threshold of the building it was as if we were in America. Seriously, everything was so American, and CLEAN!

No comments:

Post a Comment