Monday, December 16, 2013

A Visit to the Black Sea

At times I do not feel like I am in Romania.  I felt that way this week as I looked from the windows of the Constanta Sister's apartment at the Black Sea. Is this real? It looks like I am at the ocean waiting for my ship to come take me back to the US. Then I remembered that we don't travel by boat anymore I will be flying home. It is an odd thought because I really do not feel like it is going to happen yet. I feel like all the other transfers except for one thing. I know my name won't be on the next transfer board. The Black Sea was nice....the wind that resulted from the sea was not! It was sooo cold! It chilled me to the bone. I hadn't thought to bring a hat to wear either so I used this random tiny black one I found in our apartment. Thankfully, I didn't get lice. That's one thing I did NOT learn from my mother.  I do not make sure a hat that is not my own is washed before I put it on. One of these days I will probably regret that.  TVs in the metro stations have been advertising lice shampoo, or something like that, for the last three transfers. Looks like this is lice season. They say the products works pretty well if you need to use them. That might just be for cartoon lice though. Oh well. C'est la vie!

By the way, if anyone wonders why they did not get any gifts from Santa this year it's because the City of Constanta Romania STOLE three of his reindeer! How dare they!

No comments:

Post a Comment