Monday, November 25, 2013

My Roller Coaster Ride

old wooden ferris wheel
My life as a missionary is like roller coaster. If a roller coaster is built after the pattern of our missions my roller coaster is pretty flat, like the kiddie ones. It has a couple small hills and that is about it.  I think most missionaries' go up and down and in and out, but not mine. Sad right? Once again I am at another flat spot. We are trying to find more people to teach or talk to, but it seems no one can, or nobody wants to. Is it my face? Because if it is I can put a bag over my head.

I officially have 6 weeks left of my mission this Wednesday. That's just one transfer away. What am I going to do with myself? How can I use my last 6 weeks effectively? I don't feel like I am going home, it's too soon, but I know I am. That is why I know I will work hard. Just because it is my last transfer doesn't mean my brain is registering that. I'm pretty sure I'm still in my 4th transfer. However, I need to figure out how to best use my time since there is only 6 weeks.

I remember my first day at the MTC. I can't believe that was almost a year and a half ago. I bet if time paused when I wanted, my mission would have passed much slower.  It doesn't work like that though. It's not like you are floating on a river but more like you are swimming with the current. If you pause to take a break the current is still carrying you down stream. You can't stop completely even if you wanted to take in the scenery. Can you understand my problem? Time is a river I cannot halt.  I find myself in a predicament. It's my final transfer. The ultimate transfer. I am entering a dream-like state, a kind of limbo stage.  I hope it's a good dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment