Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween 2

Halloween in Romania only happened in my apartment this year. I may have done something that screams I am a missionary -- It has to do with a pumpkin. I bought one and was thinking all day about what I should carve. All I knew was that I wanted to carve a pumpkin. I was home, sitting in my costume, staring at the green squash. Then it hit me. That pumpkin really only deserves one thing and I can think of nothing else. Jesus! I must carve Jesus into that pumpkin. So I did. I think I succeeded. Considering I only had a small knife and spoon, I am happy with the results.

Christ is our light. He is our lantern that guides us through the darkness of the world around us. That's what we said when we presented it for our District meeting and then again the next day for our spiritual thought at English. The only problem is that I think people were more distracted by the pumpkin and didn't pay attention to the message. Oh well, maybe they will remember it someday. At least they know we love Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment