Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Bite My Tongue

What is the most important thing to remember as a missionary? I haven't figured it out yet. Though I think remembering Christ and His atonement are huge things - Remembering we aren't perfect and everyone needs to improve somewhere is vital to keeping yourself focused and happy. Sometimes stuff happens. We just need to move forward, learning from our experiences, so we can be better people, better missionaries, better representatives of Jesus Christ. Most of the time I don't feel like a I'm a very good missionary or person. I try not to dwell on all I do wrong, or I'll just become those things I regret. If we recognize those faults and use the help of our savior Jesus Christ, we can overcome all things. I'm not nearly as good a missionary as I would like to be, but I'm learning and trying. I think that's all Heavenly Father and Christ wants from any of us.

Parcul Central Timisoara
I did have some personal success with this during the week. I'm learning to bite my tongue a little more, something I've been working on for a very long time. I'm glad I started when I did, because I might not have been able to when it was necessary. We were talking with families in a park and I went up to a mother and started talking to her. She asked if I spoke better in English, because she couldn't understand me. Ok... I'm suppose to be speaking Romanian but if you want me to... I started talking to her in English. Yet, even in English, I had to say everything like five times! Why? Because she doesn't understand English. My broken Romania or her broken English, both of us trying to communicate in a second language. Do I tell her that I can't understand her though?... no. "Well, we are not interested. We are Orthodox." That's alright because I wasn't talking about religion, I was talking about teaching your family. Anyway, I probably shouldn't keep writing about this. It was not very Christlike what I wished I could say to this lady. I didn't say what I was thinking, even though I really really wanted to. Yay for me.

Canalul Bega
http://www.flickr.com/photos/antonius_plaian/
Look at me, learning all sorts of stuff on my mission. Then, this father came over and tried to quickly get his family to leave while we were talking to his wife. He tried very hard not to look at us. Avoid eye contact with us because you will turn to stone! Apparently, he knows all about "the Mormons," and no doubt, it's all true. It hit me deep. He wouldn't even listen. It's because we said Jesus, isn't it? It happens all the time, but I was in a bad mood from the lady before. I held my tongue though! Yay me! again.

No comments:

Post a Comment