Monday, September 24, 2012

Hot and Spicy

Sora Hosking and I spoke to a pretty cool university student in the park. Now that school is starting up again there are more young adults walking around, which means lots more people, variety and vivacity, but more rude rejections in my opinion. People need to get over themselves. But, this girl was really nice, I obviously had no clue what she was talking about most the time, but she seemed funny so I laughed (I had some idea what she was getting at.) The weather is still nice, sometimes it cools down, or there are clouds in the sky that keep me from squinting so much.

We asked an older gentleman and his wife if they would memorize a little bit of the first vision in the pamphlet. They said yes, but he was reserved because he has trouble memorizing things. "That's alright," we said, "this will really strengthen your testimony, it did mine." We know it will bless him. Oh, by the way his wife makes awesome scones! They were delicious, but she kept giving us more and more. Which is fine I guess, if I want to look like the Pillsbury Dough-boy. People also drink lots of pop here. That's what everyone always gives us, but for someone who doesn't really like soda that much, it seems in excess.  I drink it and it tastes good, it is just not good for my belly. 

Strada Unirii, Arad, Romania
One thing I love about being a missionary is all the service we get to do, and of course all the food people generously give us, but that's just Romanians. This week we went to Arad for Zone Conference, where we talked about how we can be better missionaries. Afterwards, we went to a house where homeless people can go during the day to eat, do laundry, and take their children. It was great. We organized clothing and such in the attic and were able to make chili for them. We didn't get to see any of them because the home was closed that day, but it was good to do it anyway and they will have some great food. Apparently Romania doesn't have chili powder either, because we used powdered chilis. I wasn't sure what it was, so I said just put the whole package in. Well, turns out it's a little hotter than chili powder, so we only put it in one pot and then combined them after. I honestly couldn't taste it. Some of the zone liked it, some didn't. Lesson learned. If you don't like spicy food... stay away from my house. Muahahaha!

Love you like Jesus,
The infamous Sora Kendra Heim

No comments:

Post a Comment