Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Back to My Roots

Hey Hey Hey!

Meeting President Ned Hill and Sister Hill
Well, I've made it back home. At least that's what it feels like. I'm a newborn baby, and find myself aimlessly staring off at things others take for granted. Also, I have no clue what anyone is saying to me most of the time, so that's another thing I have in common with a baby.

It's beautiful here as always, not so much fresh air in the city nor the beauty of Washington, but everyone knows I'm an art junkie and love architecture. I haven't taken many pictures yet. I'm getting a bag today that I should be able to keep my camera in so I can take pictures of stuff I like.

This Internet cafe is fun. It's almost like it's illegal. The worker started the desktop like he was jumping a car! hahaha.

inflight snack!
Food wise. It's all pretty good. As far as being vegetarian goes. I haven't been telling anyone no. I figure I don't get offered much meat, but I do need to watch how much I eat, because they like to shove sweets at you. Ice cream, chocolate, cookies, juice. All stuff I don't really like. But, I've decided I don't really like mici. That's like sausage. If you like sausage you would probably like it, but since I don't, the mici is not wanted in my belly. Basically, it's for the same reason I don't like sausage, it's meat and it makes your breath smell! Ew.

The plane ride was good. I ate the candy that people gave me while I was in the MTC as gifts. I ended my imprisonment in the MTC with a tummyache by skittles. But, they were delicious and so worth it. I didn't sleep a wink on the flight over. Instead I drew a picture of a mechanical fish for Elder Bliss who came closest to the 93 Washington apple stickers I had on my desk from my last month at the MTC. The cheese I got on the flight to Amsterdam. I had to take a picture. Just like home.

And, I got stopped by security in Amsterdam. Apparently, haircutting scissors are not aloud on airplanes! Heehee. I forgot they were in my bag still. The real question is how I got through security in Salt Lake. Nobody knows, but it only made the elders really think I was CIA. I'm buying more today. I've been trying to stick it out and grow my hair back, but I can't stand it anymore. So, I'm chopping it off, again. That means Mother's hair will be longer than mine when I get back. I'll probably just keep it short like Audrey Hepburn for the rest of my life. I think I look better with short hair anyway.

---

You are probably wondering why I haven't told you where I am yet. Timisoara. Exciting! If you paid attention to the first sentence you could have guessed I was talking about being in Timisoara, but you might have thought I was just talking about Romania. Nope! (My Opa - Michael Heim was raised in Lovrin, not too far from here) Ha, I'm crazy. I like it here. Most people are really nice. Probably nicer than big cities in the US, except maybe Portland. People are pretty nice there, but compared to smaller towns I wouldn't say they are nicer. I've only been here a week though. Uh! If you come you are going to love it except, everyone smokes so it smells.


Yesterday, there were a lot of people at church though, a lady who use to live in Timisoara was there and said the Branch has shrunk a lot. I would say about 20 and 4 investigators! Yay. The branch is great. President Shroeder, or Elder Shroeder, is on his extension. Elder Farrow, one of the elders from the MTC and me, bore our testimonies. It was fun. I could say whatever I wanted and they had to listen and couldn't interrupt me. I'm losing my spelling in English already. I am immersing myself in Romanian. I keep forgetting where double consonants go among other things.

I had some hot chocolate the other day. It was fantastic. Thick and rich, exactly what you would expect in Europe. I drew the Plan of Salvation in a park yesterday. Hopefully, people looked at it and checked out mormonii.ro on the Internet. We talked with a really nice lady too. I hope we can teach her more, because she could use some love and hope in her life and Christ is where it is at!

Love you like Jesus,
Sora Kendra Heim

No comments:

Post a Comment