Monday, July 30, 2012

"Who you gonna call..."

YAY! blog entry.

Ok, so the MTC is alright. Lots of happenings in a single day, so you can't remember all of it; days blend to weeks, and weeks blend into months. The other day I asked Sora Lund if we had been here for 2 or 3 weeks. It had only been 2, but I thought it was longer.

If you like cafeteria food, then the MTC is the place for you! not me. I eat fruit for every meal, and at least 2/3 of my meals include a salad. Sometimes I eat bread...that's it, nothing on it, just plain bread. Yes, most people think I'm weird, especially because I refuse to eat their candy and treats, and the ice cream the cafeteria gives the missionaries.

The other day Sora Lund, Syster Chesley (our new Solo Sister going to Sweden), and I went to the fitness center. I sat on the row machine, and guess what! There is a fish game on there. Depending how hard you row and how soft you row, you can move your fish up and down the screen. The object is to eat as many of the scattered fishies for points, but there are also these sharks or pirannas that can eat you and subtract your points. You get 4 minutes per game. It was really hard for me to not scream at my fishy to get away from the shark.
 
For service on Tuesday we had an awesome job. We got to vacuum the mats to all the entrances of 1M. The vacuums were these really cool pack vacuums. Naturally, I thought of Ghost Busters and "ran" (as fast as I deemed sister missionary appropriate) around "yelling" (again, sister missionary appropriate,) "I'm coming for you SATAN!" Followed by sucking noises like I was trapping him in my vacuum.

On a normal day we get up at 6:30, or earlier, get ready, study, eat, class for 3 hours, study, eat, study, class, eat, gym, study, plan, bed. That's it, and we live in the same room all day.
 
Sora Lund and I are teaching 2 new investigators, Brady and Sophie. Brady is so great. He loves his family so much, and we are so excited to share with him next week that he can be with his wife and 3 boys forever. His wife isn't interested in religion, and he says if she was, that it would be orthodox. Though, I know if we can get his tesimony strong enough and help him feel the spirit that he'll share the message of Jesus Christ with his family. Sophie isn't interested at all. She's a student studying Biology, and she doesn't think religion is important to her. We asked her to pray, but she doesn't yet know the necessity of developing a relationship with Heavenly Father. The plan was to introduce her to the idea of baptism, but I didn't feel like it was right. Once again, my plan is to bombard them with the spirit when we teach, so she will be open to finding truth for herself. She did say she would read the resoration pamphlet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment