Thursday, July 5, 2012

Farewell and Final Weeks

My brother Josh and my nephew Xander signing in on the guest list.

Thanks to everyone who came out to my farewell BBQ.  It was great! I hope all of you enjoyed the little bit of Romanian food, music, and pictures.  If you wanted one, two, or some of the recipes here they are:
Pulled Turkey

Sarmale (Cabbage Rolls) These are traditionally made with meat, but we substituted artichoke hearts for that to make them vegetarian, which is also done. 50 leaves is about 1-1.5 heads of cabbage.

Salata de Boeuf (Potato Salad) This is also traditionally made with beef or chicken, but we made it vegetarian also. We substituted all the mayonnaise for yogurt (be cautioned that this will not keep for days as the yogurt will separate.) Equal parts of all ingredients, except mayonnaise, yogurt, and spice to desired taste and texture.
Ingredients:
Potatoes with skin (yukon gold hold their shape the best)
Cooked Carrots
Cooked Peas
Pickled Peppers (or just cook fresh ones)
Pickles
Mayonnaise
Plain Yogurt
Salt and Pepper

Baklava I substituted 1 cup of pistachios for this recipe, but you can do what you want.

Heceta Beach
After I had my farewell we went to Eugene Oregon to visit my brother Derek.  We camped next to Heceta Beach in Florence, saw some sea lions at the Sea Lion Cave!, and ate clam chowder at Mo's. Then after a few days we traveled to Portland where I hung out with a couple cool cats Micah Cruver and Stefan Dolan, and went to Amber and Kody's wedding (CONGRATS!)





Cobra Lily!





No comments:

Post a Comment